Atlanta Aquarium

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RICHinNC

Contributor
Reaction score
I just saw a report on the news about the Atlanta Aquarium and saw some divers in the aquarium.

Anyone who lives in that area or have dived the aquarium have any info on how one goes about diving the aquarium????

If its like the aquarium here, and I suspect it is, you have to be a volunteer there, attend a volunteer orientation, volunteer at least twice a month and be assigned to that job. Its not something you can just go pay a fee to do, the divers in there were probably either putting on a demonstartion, feeding or cleaning the tank.

Hi RICHinNC,

I surely do know someone who lives in the area & does volunteer diving there.

Contact Scott at scottnielsen@charter.net and tell him I sent you.

Regards,

DocVikingo

they do let people dive if they have certification... but it's too much money, i think something over 250... Not worth for me.
I live in Atlanta and looking for buddies to hit Panama City beach / Orlando on weekends, no problem in driving. Interested people let me know.

was there today and watched Peter Sotis and a few others doing a try dive on the MK7 rebreather from Poseidon. Also met up with the new Poseidon USA head James Roberton while I was there. It is a completely different experience on CCR than it is on OC due to the lack of bubbles

was there today and watched Peter Sotis and a few others doing a try dive on the MK7 rebreather from Poseidon. Also met up with the new Poseidon USA head James Roberton while I was there. It is a completely different experience on CCR than it is on OC due to the lack of bubbles

In what way does this answer the op's question re "how to go about diving the aquarium?"

was following up on the CCR experience that Steve posted about since I was at the aquarium today, saw a bunch of divers, and it was interesting to see the OC and CCR guys in the tank and the different experience for the divers on CCR

Yes, Peter and I where the first to participate in the Aquarium's Poseidon 7 program yesterday. Awesome experience and something I can whole heartedly recommend!

For those interested, contact the Georgia Aquarium Rebreather Program:

Rebreather Dive Program

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1159.JPG
    IMG_1159.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1163.JPG
    IMG_1163.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 30
Go with Dive shop group and it's a little Cheaper (I mean Little). Divers Supply has group trips.

You MUST use their equipment, but you can bring your mask.

It's really cool dive and the back stage tour is great too.

Yes it's costly but it was a great dive, Whale Sharks, Sand, Tiger, Hammer head, Wollongong, Giant Grouper Manta Rays, Fish Fish and More Fish.

They sell a video of you dive if you want one. There were three of us, so we bought one.

You can google the dive videos also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom