Situation....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver333

Reaction score
Okay so I want to go diving during my spring break from college in March. And my parents offered to take me somewhere so I'm not gonna pass that up. Problem is...everything is so expensive! I want to go somewhere in the Caribbean but I can't believe some of these ticket prices. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong places but all we need is good diving and a nice beach (for the mom) any sugguestions on not too expensive places??

Thanks for the sugguestion! but me and my dad went there during the summer. we always dive in akumal, mexico but we want to go somewhere other than mexico this year. if i could go back i would, i loved cozumel...but I'm not the one paying for it!

Cozumel or the Mayan Riviera are probably your best bets. Otherwise try Curucao, but the airfare will be more.

Where will you be flying from?

TOM

diver333:
Thanks for the sugguestion! but me and my dad went there during the summer. we always dive in akumal, mexico but we want to go somewhere other than mexico this year. if i could go back i would, i loved cozumel...but I'm not the one paying for it!

Since you were just in Cozumel, then definately look at Curucao. There is a Breezes all inclusive which is very nice, and quite reasonable.

Or look into the Dominican Republic. I have never been there, but I have read a lot of good things and seen some good deals there too.

TOM

diver333:
Okay so I want to go diving during my spring break from college in March. And my parents offered to take me somewhere so I'm not gonna pass that up. Problem is...everything is so expensive! I want to go somewhere in the Caribbean but I can't believe some of these ticket prices. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong places but all we need is good diving and a nice beach (for the mom) any sugguestions on not too expensive places??

Look at leaving on a Tuesday and returning on a Tuesday or Thursday. We just got back from Cozumel Monday. If we had returned on Sunday the tickets would have been $250 more per person.

Also check out expedia, funjet, apple tours. Ryan. We found some tickets out of Dallas for $249 the last week of December on funjet.

Back
Top Bottom