Bahamas or Cozumel??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bflem55

Contributor
Reaction score
hey guys thinking about going to either Cozumel or Nasau in May of next year. I am just wondering which one of the two would be a better choice for that time of the year??? thanks

Bflem55:
hey guys thinking about going to either Cozumel or Nasau in May of next year. I am just wondering which one of the two would be a better choice for that time of the year??? thanks

Both are good that time of year. Each are completely different types of diving. What are you looking for?

well I havent ever did a drift dive are they hard?? and I heard the Bahamas is pretty easy is that true??

Cozumel all the way... use Aqua Safari, Blue Angel divers... I used to use Dive Paradise but had some issues a few years ago and have not used them since.
The diving in Cozumel is worth the trip always! My opinion, but there it is...

No, there are no caves in Cozumel. You can take the ferry over to Cancun and dive a Cenote there. It's more like a cavern than a cave.

-Charles

Have not YET dived Cozumel, but just back from Marsh Harbour diving with Abaco Dive Adventures. These guys were top notch as we had our own boat (party of 5-1/2), set our own schedule and pretty much did what we wanted while getting some awsome tours. Hard to pick a favorite (the caverns and swim-throughs were way up there) but it would have to be this...

Bill 257_1.jpg

The 1/2 (my son and future dive buddy) on his first shark dive!

Willem

I was in Coz just a couple of short months ago (was it only back in June???), we took the fast boats over to Playa Del Carmen to do a day of Cenote dives. You don't have to go all the way up to Cancun for Cenotes, we went back into the jungles from Playa, was about half hour or 45 minutes from downtown Playa. Great diving for my first Cenotes...... We used Yucatek Divers for that and a whale shark snorkel. I'd totally recommend Stefan for the Cenotes if you use Yucatek, he was VERY informative and made the whole thing that much more fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom