Baggage Allowance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Conor

Reaction score
The following is from an airlines conditions page;

Diving equipment-Diving equipment can be carried free of charge providing the hold luggage, including the diving equipment, does not exceed the baggage allowance stated on the ticket. If tanks are carried the regulator may remain attached, but the tanks must be emptied to 15 psi. Large groups of divers must inform the Special Requirements department at least one week prior to departure.

Erm.....2 things strike me about this one is, that they are giving you permission to have equipment free of charge as long as it is within the normal allowance which is already free of charge i.e. they are giving you nothing and secondly if divers only have the normal baggage allowance why should they need to know if a group happen to be divers.

Am I missing something here ?

The only thing I can think of is that they might be allowing you to take more items as long as you are within your weight allowance. Some routes only allow a certain number (sometimes 1) of pieces of baggage.

It is still pretty lousy. Has anyone managed to pass all their stuff of as golf equipment? This is usually allowed in addition to your standard luggage.

When my friend takes his hangliders abroad he has to say they windsurfers. I think this is more of a liability issue than baggage allowance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom