Dive holidays that are not far from Hong Kong

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

backspin

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi

I have the diving bug again after a return trip from Puerto Galera. I would like to go away in the next couple of weeks for a four day break.

It has to be in Asia and have easy transfers from Hong Kong/Macau airports to airport, as the transfers by taxi are more than my airfares. The accomodation can be basic as i am travelling alone but the diving has to be good.

Any ideas/prices

Backspin

When I saw your post title, I was going to suggest Pto Galera. Since you've already been there, you know there's basically a "bus route" that runs from Hong Kong.

You're going to have a hard time beating that for easy travel, bargain prices and great diving.

PG is the way to go, if you want some wreck diving try Joahns resort in Subic Bay. Try posting on the PPD site for other suggestions.

I have done PG a couple of times and have dived most of the sites, it's fantastic but i fancy a change. Subic looks interesting but the only problem is the transfers to these places costs as much as my flights, so i would like to go somewhere with a short transfer from the airport.

KK from Macau dive the TARP could be an option. Anyone been there?

Backspin

Just got back from a 5 week amazing dive trip to SE Asia and already miss it!

Airasia.com has cheap flights from Hong Kong to Kuala Lumpur then on to both Tawau, Malaysia (Sipadan) or Manado, Indonesia (Bunaken Island or Lembeh Straights).

Sipadan has dreamy world class drop-offs with lots of turtles/sharks (really, really amazing!). Bunaken has great island vibes, colorful drop-offs and beautiful night dives. The diving in Lembeh is sorta ugly at times, but it has insane world class muck diving with amazingly exotic critters (for professional fish geeks & photographers):eyebrow:. Bali is certainly another option with interesting diving (check out manta point and crystal bay) as flights are direct from KL to Denpasar.

Creative ground transport in all areas is affordable. I also found cheap diving options in all areas -Certainly these are NOT resorts, but the rooms were clean. I'd bring my own reg next time b-cause the gear is old and questionable.

Most dives cost around $25 US each including gear and room/board $20 a day or lower. Sipadan was my favorite and parts of Bali provide the cheapest budget alternative.

Feel free to email if you want detailed info.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom