Southern Carribean Dive op recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr. Nice Guy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello,

We will be cruising (only way I can get there according to the wife) in March 2009 visiting the following ports:
St. Thomas, Dominca, Barbados, St. Kitt, St. Lucia, and Antigua.

I was looking for recommendations for dive operators to dive with outside of the boat tours. Also any information on the sites.

Thank you
Nick

For Antigua, there are two companies I can recommend, Sea Wolf Diving who are based in the English Harbour Area and takes about 35 minutes to get to from the cruiseship dock, and Jolly Dive in the West Coast which takes about 20 minutes from the cruisehip dock.

Both of them dive to similar locations, as most of the good diving is in the south west areas. You can find info on antiguanice.com - go to tours then scuba diving - they have both businesses listed there.

Adam

Hi,

I can only comment on Dominica. I really like Dive Dominica at CastleComfort. Let them know you will be coming in on the Ship. They will likely work with you to get in a 2-tank morning dive. I have been with them twice (both times on cruises) and think they are great!

Have a great trip,
Barbara

A great op in Dominica is Nature Island Dive -- very helpful & knowledgeable DM's. The diving is in the Soufrierre/Scotts Head reserve, which is in front of their shop -- each tank is an out on their large pontoon boat (plenty of room) & back to the SI on their patio or inside around the table. Fish ID books are on the shelf. Camera table inside. Cubbies inside a closet for dry personal items. They have showers with changing rooms so you can neaten up after your dives. Very easy & relaxed people to go with.

I will be able to tell you after our cruise in Dec 08. We will be diving in St Thomas with the ship, St Kitts with a local dive shop, Barbados with the Emerald Princess ( we are doing a private island tour in St Lucia) I'm not sure what we will do in Antigua I was warned to stay away from Jolly Divers and read quite a few bad review of them on cruisefans.com
Janelle

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom