How's Atlantis/Bahamas Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dailywarren

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with diving in/aroound the Atlantis resort in the Bahamas? We're taking my autistic brother there for the entertainment but wanted to do a little diving as well.
Thanks,
Spencer

Stuart Cove's may be your best bet on New Providence. Check out the shark dive. They have a bus for pickup and dropoff to my knowledge.

For your every day kind of dive, I'd go with Bahama Divers. They were much closer and they were fantastic dives (not too crowded either).

Stuart Coves is good, but a long bus ride and definitely attracts a crowd - that boat was packed! The Shark Adventure dives were a trippy experience though, we did the full course and got the PADI Shark Awareness Specialty. Worth doing once.

Loved diving in the Bahamas, it's an annual weekend trip for us, and we're heading straight to Bahama Divers when we get there. Have fun!

We were there from Aug 30th to Sept 5th (luckily only on the 4th did we get bad weather from Hanna. We were able to escape before Ike hit Unfortunately Ike knocked out our power for 10 days in Kentucky!!)

We went with Stuart Coves and had a great time. It wasn't too crowded, the shuttle comes right to the front door of Atlantis and drops you back there. You will stop @ other places along the way to pick up passengers. I think it was great for 1st time Bahamas Diving.

A few years ago, I went through both the resort course and OW thru the Atlantis resort. The dives were not very good. One was a boat dive where we went to a completely dead reef. I suppose that where they take all the inexperienced divers. The other dives that I made were in the immediate Atlantis resort area.

This was very disappointing as the area was full of debris, cans, drink bottles, etc. This was particularly shocking since they have such a large staff running around in wet suits. Surely, they could clean up their own property. There were only a few small fish around.

There is actually a lot of potential there particularly in the lagoon. With a little bit of effort, they could put a net across one of the bridges and seed the area with some fish. I am not a marine biologist, nor condone fish imprisonment, but I would suspect that this would be not more difficult or objectionable to accomplish than all the effort that they put into the salt water tanks around the resort.

I dove with Stewart Cove last yr. Diving was very good, shark dive handled very professionally. Saw sharks on most dives (gray reef sharks). Generall I Really enjoyed the diving there. Stewart Cove was pretty crowded when I was there. I was on the same boat 5 days in a row and got to know some of the other divers. I am not familiar with the other dive operations so I can't compare but The Cove operation is very competant. And Atlantis has the greatest waterpark in the WORLD!! Hands down. Fabulous fun. River ride is long and exciting. Slides are unbelievable! They have an aquarium that is incredible as well so even if non divers are with you they can "see" what they are missing.

What is the culture like? I will be going alone (my buddy (daughter) will be off on a school trip elsewhere. Do they buddy you up with someone or do they run a sort of group tour with a divemaster?

Many thanks,
<TED>

For your every day kind of dive, I'd go with Bahama Divers. They were much closer and they were fantastic dives (not too crowded either).

Stuart Coves is good, but a long bus ride and definitely attracts a crowd - that boat was packed! The Shark Adventure dives were a trippy experience though, we did the full course and got the PADI Shark Awareness Specialty. Worth doing once.

Loved diving in the Bahamas, it's an annual weekend trip for us, and we're heading straight to Bahama Divers when we get there. Have fun!

Vacation/Tourist culture, they will bend over backwards to do what YOU want! If you want a buddy ask for one or if you would rather buddy with the DM tell them! I find most operations very accommodating! Have fun!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom