Turks & Caicos: Provo - Budget Places to Stay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tanuki

New
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello, I'm going to Provo in mid-October and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for budget places to stay ($150 and under). I figure this is going to be a challenge, but wondered if anyone has rented a place or found a cheap inn.

Check out the Aiport Inn or Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites is the first place that comes to mind. Not on the water but in your range. Or the Miramar, also not on the beach, but up on the hill with a view and walking distance to Turtle Cove which is handy.

If you are going to check out Comfort Suites...be sure to call the 1-800 # or go on the web site and see if you qualify for any discounts i.e. AAA, over 60, Sams Club, Government etc. I was pricing T&C last year and found out I could get a room for $105/night with my discount. Haven't checked this year to see if discounts still apply..but sure worth a try. I've never been there but heard it's great...but I wonder if the last storm did any damage????

Check out Club Med they may have some openings at the last minute and will be bargain priced.

i would try comfort suites who also have great dive packages with Dive provo...... great operators and staff!!

I just spent a bunch of time looking into places for my trip to Provo in the late spring. I would have booked with Miramar, but we'll be there late enough that they'll be closed. So, I ended up deciding on Turtle Cove Inn. Comfort Suites looked good too, but it sounded like TCI was close to some of the cheaper places to eat and I also liked that it's not a chain, but that is just my personal preference. Oh, yeah, and it's close to Smith Reef for snorkeling for surface interval time--that was the biggest factor! They do packages with some of the local dive operators, although we ended up booking with Caicos Adventures instead (based largely on some of the reviews I read here--thanks, Tim!)

Da nada.

We absolutely hated Comfort Suite on TCI. The staff was more rude than anywhere I have ever been. The Air conditioning sucked. I'm not real picky about where I stay but this place is not worth the so-called reasonable rates they charged. I will pay extra for a nicer place next time. Lesson learned.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom