Beaches Resort at Turks and Caicos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rnfoxwell

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was planning on taking my family to the Beaches Resort at Turks and Caicos between the last two weeks of July or the first two weeks of August in 2009.

Several Hurricanes have gone through the Turks and Caicos Islands, this past September. Has anyone done any scuba diving on the reefs since the last week of September 2008 and if so what are their conditions? Did the Beaches Resort suffer any damage?If so can you share any information on that?

If anyone can provide any information, I would appreciate it.

Thank you!

Ray

I just got back yesterday all is well no worries.

:confused:No worries...does this mean there is no sand covering the corals, broken coral heads or damaged reefs and vis is high or low? Offer some details please.

Thanks

The visibility was 100 Ft+ at a couple of sites. I consider that normal. There were a couple of dives that had below 70 Ft of visibility. Everything else was somewhere in between. A few sites did have soem sand on some corals. Temperature was in the low 80s peaking at 84 according to my computer. There was ample Marine life present and reef sharks circled us on most of our dives, saw a few dolphins, plenty of turtles, and lobsters, only a few rays, tons of droupers and an occasional eel. he sun was shining and it was hot and humid.I stayed at Club Med and the drinks were cool. I've been back 4 weeks and this is an old thread, I can't guarantee things haven't changed since then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom