Fantasy island Resort, Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

captboob

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know this has been asked before but enjoy updated information. This is my first post and hope the moderator excuses my redundancy

We'll be going there 11/9-11/16. I just wanted some input on the resort in general. also, If anyone has been there, what dive sites are worth visiting?
Thanks everyone in advance.

- Take some heavy duty DEET. The no-see-ums can be bad.
- Take a coffee maker (none in the room)
- Make sure your vaccines are up-to-date
- Some get the malaria meds, some don't (we do)
- Tips go along way
- Get in some shore dives from the gazebo
- Remember your on island time

Have a great time. Evey and I have been there 3 times and look forward to returning next May.

Regards,
Dave (aka "squirt")

- Take some heavy duty DEET. The no-see-ums can be bad.
- Take a coffee maker (none in the room)
- Make sure your vaccines are up-to-date
- Some get the malaria meds, some don't (we do)
- Tips go along way
- Get in some shore dives from the gazebo
- Remember your on island time

Have a great time. Evey and I have been there 3 times and look forward to returning next May.

Regards,
Dave (aka "squirt")

Dave has it right. I do the antimalarials too. You are diving just after the rainy season, DEET. Definitely do the shore dive from the gazebo. Heck I saw an eagle ray here just snorkling on the day of arrival. The Prince Albert is a great dive. Surface swim out to the plane wreck (follow the line) and you can get in a long dive on the Albert and the Cocoview wall. Definitely do this as a night dive too. All kinds of critters.Biggest crabs you have seen, frogfish, eels. Other fav dive spots are 40' point wall, Mary's place, Valley of the kings, inside out, missing link menagerie, Mr. Bud. You are doing the week thing and will likely hit them all. Don't freak when they seem to take forever with the prediving briefing the first day, you will still get in your dives. Chill out, you are on island time. Make a visit to West End (take a taxi - do not rent a car). Be there for sunset Eagle Ray Bar and Grill has a good view and you may see the eagle rays below)and in time to see the place (leave promptly after the afternoon dive and enjoy West End).

I was there last January. Had a great time. No seeums got my wife but left me alone, Hmmm. she is very tasty :) and I'm... well...not? Anyway the food was better than I had at Cocoview, the rooms and boats not quite as nice but as long as your not expecting the Ritz in Roatan you will be fine. I actually liked an older room right next to the dock but I guess the newer ones are nicer. I was there for the diving and found the room clean and functional. The diving is soo easy in Roatan. Take a jaunt on the shark dive. I've done shark dives in Tahiti, and the Bahamas (Stewart Cove) but the one I did in Roatan is still the best.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom