Caribbean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nelsonrl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Planning a Jan/Feb dive trip. Right now my options are Barbados, Curacao or Nassau. My wife and I are beginner divers with 9 dives each so nothing REAL challenging in store for us yet.

What are your thoughts on the three areas listed?

Planning a Jan/Feb dive trip. Right now my options are Barbados, Curacao or Nassau. My wife and I are beginner divers with 9 dives each so nothing REAL challenging in store for us yet.

if those are your 3 choices, go with Curacao. :D The diving is much better than the others and also the weather in Jan/Feb will be better most likely.

What she said :lotsalove:

Agreed, although if you can get to Curacao, Bonaire is only a island hopper away.

Curacao is sooooooo easy to dive in...don gear, walk in, stay under for an hour, walk out.....No boats, no chum......Call Mark & Suzy at the Dive Bus for guided tours. They pick you up and drop you off at your hotel...

Curacao.

What everyone else said. I'll add a recommendation for The Dive Bus. Let Mark and Suzy know your dive experience and they'll tailor the dive for you. The Dive Bus was my first shore dive. Couldn't have picked a better bunch to introduce me to shore diving.

Barbados is outside the Caribbean Ocean and can get a little rough. Never been to Nassau.

P.S. go to the Prices + Packages section on their website. They have accommodation packages as well as diving. Might be worth looking at if you have not booked lodging yet.

We just booked a trip with Suzy at the Dive Bus, and we are anxious to get diving again in two weeks. The diving looks good in Curacao, but prices seem to be a lot higher than other Carribean destinations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom