Honeymoon travel in June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gaignstar

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hi, I looking to plan my honeymoon. I'm confuse between few different places. My future wife and I have arround 60 dive and certifed advance padi (will be arround 100 dive in june). The trip will be at the end of june 2009. Were looking for clear water, warm water, current or not. Were more into sharks, whale sharks, manta or stingray, turttle... werck dive are really nice too.

were thinking about the Caymans island,Turk and caicos, Galapagos or the oposite Bali and Fiji.

were thinking about a liveaboard for the first week and hotel for the second week.

any advice ?

hi, I looking to plan my honeymoon. I'm confuse between few different places. My future wife and I have arround 60 dive and certifed advance padi (will be arround 100 dive in june). The trip will be at the end of june 2009. Were looking for clear water, warm water, current or not. Were more into sharks, whale sharks, manta or stingray, turttle... werck dive are really nice too.

were thinking about the Caymans island,Turk and caicos, Galapagos or the oposite Bali and Fiji.

were thinking about a liveaboard for the first week and hotel for the second week.

any advice ?

you should probably have posted this down on the General Travel Forum.

Liveaboards are great and will spoil you forever. :D But, most liveaboards book up months in advance so you need to start looking at availability right now for your dates.

But, if you think you can book Galapagos for next summer right now, you are probably going to be disappointed. The liveaboards there book up years in advance with whole boat bookings by groups usually. Sometimes they have spots open that you can get into, but you need to start looking right now if that is what you want. You will see sharks there for sure.

Turks and Caicos and Caymans liveaboards both will give you beautiful clear water and a chance to see sharks and turtles. Aggressor has a boat at each, and Explorer Ventures has a boat at T&C. Both get rave reviews. If you do a week at either on a liveaboard, you will find that the land-based dive ops don't quite stack up. Grand Cayman has lots of topside stuff to do when not diving, I don't think T&C has much of anything except sitting on the beach, if that matters.

Fiji has several liveaboards and I have heard that all of them are great. Diving is a bit more advanced that T&C or Caymans, and there is current. But you will be able to see sharks and possibly mantas, too. The land based places like Wananvu and Beqa Lagoon get rave reviews and friends who have been to each say they are true exotic luxury.

Bali is supposed to be amazing topside and the diving good. I have read many mixed reviews on the liveaboards there. Indonesia in general has amazing diving though so you might want to consider just diving 2 different islands, like a week at Sulawesi and a week at Bali, etc. This 2 week trip, Fiji and the Galapagos trip would be your most expensive, probably double the Caribbean trips, if that matters.

robin:D

Bali is wonderful - super macro diving at Menjangen on the north west. The USS Liberty at Tulamben is a great wreck and I had the best time ever diving at Nusa Penida - it's not the easiest diving, but really rewarding. I spent a good hour watching 10+ mantas circle around a cleaning station at Manta Point.

Besides the diving, Bali is a wonderful place for a honeymoon - take a look at staying somewhere around Seminyak, the wife will love the shopping there and there are loads of nice places to eat / drink and be merry! Best of all with Bali, everything is extremely cheap so you can live like a king all day. Tired after a days diving - have a 1hr massage in a lovely spa for about $10.

Aquamarine Diving are based up in Seminyak, and are great. I've also dived with Atlantis Diving and they were fantastic too (you'll get a bit of a French crowd diving with Atlantis).

D

Roatan or Utila in Honduras Bay Island is an option.

Just finished our Honeymoon on Ambergris Caye in Belize. Amazing diving with just a five minute boat ride. Also took a trip to the Blue Hole, which was a dive I always wanted to make, and it was worth it. The people are genuinely friendly, and very relaxed. My wife and I loved every minute of the trip. PM me if you want some more details.

Just finished our Honeymoon on Ambergris Caye in Belize. Amazing diving with just a five minute boat ride. Also took a trip to the Blue Hole, which was a dive I always wanted to make, and it was worth it. The people are genuinely friendly, and very relaxed. My wife and I loved every minute of the trip. PM me if you want some more details.

true, but since the OP has 2 weeks and wants to do a liveaboard for 1 of those weeks, I would suggest either the Aggressor or Peter Hughes liveaboard Belize for a week, then do a week land-based touring lots of Mayan ruins, jungle tubing, and adventure tours. :D Best of both worlds. My husband and daughter and I have been discussing a 2 weeker doing this but haven't gotten around to it yet. Someday! :wink:
http://www.aggressor.com/subpage5.php

robin:D

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

moved to General Travel...

thanks everyone, this really help. I'll book the live a board this week-end. Agressor look really nice. I'll check them out.

Teamcasa, sorry for posting in the wrong place.

flight and the liveaboard boat are set. need to book the hotel on the first week. did not make my choice between Little cayman and the east end of gran cayman.

little cayman and the east end of gran cayman seem really relax. that's is what we are looking for.

Back
Top Bottom