Don't see the savings to using Caradonna-Am I missing something?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamickey

I'm a GIRL!
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I never use travel agents, just don't need them. But I got curious about these dive packages that are advertised and I checked out Caradonna Dive travel (Through Continental vacations).

The price they quote for airfare and lodging to Bonaire is exactly the same that I would get if I booked separately on my own. Is there supposed to be a savings? Or are these services for people who don't know how to use the Internet to book travel?

That's been my experience with them also so I've looked but never booked with them. Like you we mostly prefer to book ourselves. I did book a Bonaire trip through Aquadreams several years ago as they were able to get the truck insurance included for $100 less than I could get the same deal on the condo's website. So we saved $100 + the CDW cost. (don't recall what it was)

I don't think the point of travel agents is to save money, you may get a little deal sometimes but from what I see they generally offer the same packages you can get elsewhere. You use them if you just don't know enough or don't want to book stuff on your own. Or if you have a complicated trip someplace exotic that's a pain to deal with because they are 12 time zones away and have crap for a website, that might be a good time to use one. They may be able to do better on airfare to certain places.

I use to use Caradonna for my Bonaire trips and was always happy with them BUT I did not find they provided any better deal or better service than I got on my own so I no longer use them. I book the airlines on line (at the airlines own site, not internet sites like Expedia) and book the resorts directly, usually via email AND phone.

I've always found less expensive rates when deciding/researching our own dive trips though the internet, the thing about Caradonna is they are trying to make a living off from you using their service. If you want to go their trip areas you don't have to think or research, just purchase.
Some people like a contact if they are having a problem with their trip....which could be useful when you are half way around the world. I have used Trip-n-tour a couple of times (Australia and PNG) otherwise I have always booked our own travel/dive trips

Ok, thanks everybody, that's what I came up with too. Just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing something.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom