Diving Kauai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

huladncr

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have just returned from 6 days of diving on the South side of Kauai. I wanted to take the opportunity to express my great appreciation for Seasport Divers, the owner Marvin and all of his staff.
The boat the Anelakai is an extremely comfortable 48 foot boat captained by Andrew or Ryan on all of my dives with all dives guided by very competent divemasters.
The captain and crew were extremely sensitive to all divers needs regardless of experience level. The boat trips were short. The dive sites well chosen. The attention to detail sets them apart. I do not know how an operation could do a better job.
Before diving with them I read a review in a local travel guide that was not so complimentary and all I can say is I am not sure what that author was smoking but it certainly did not represent my experience.
Oh yes the diving: Over the two weeks I dove six days and visibility varied between 50 and 100 feet. Water temperature was 74Ž° on a couple of deep dives but mostly 77-78¼²F which I thought was not bad for the beginning of November. Lots of turtles, white tip reef sharks and endemic species of reef fish. DM's always had plenty of critters to show divers that they probably would not see otherwise. Oh yes they worked very hard to make sure I saw different dive sites every day and that the dive sites were the best for that day's conditions.
If you are going to Kauai I highly recommend you consider them.

Mike Beeks
PADI MSDT # 173888

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom