Dive Recommendations: Roatan, Belize City & Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djmccarthy

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wife & I are in search for our Hawaii in the Caribbean. We live in NH and want to find a place that is not a 12 hour flight to get there.

We are taking our second Western Caribbean Cruise this time on the Norwegian Pearl out of Miami, March 8-15, 2009. We'll be stopping in Roatan, Belize City & Cozumel.

Any recommendations for dive shops that work with cruisers?

If I couldn't dive all three, my wife doesn't dive, only snorkels, what are the must dives. I'm PADI AOW Certified. 1st, 2nd 3rd island dive choices?

Any recommendations on really good shops that provide for a diver & snorkeler to have a great time doing their own thing at the same time together?

Thanks!

If I were stopping there I would on Roatan go with AKR, CZM with Aldora........@ Belize City, you'll have to go out to the one of the Caye's--that will be hard to do ie on a cruise---time wise????

Last edited:
Do the Dolphin Encounter in Cozumel, The Cave Tubing in Belize, and the Shark Dive in Roatan! Or The AKR Snorkel in Roatan if your wife makes you:wink:

Here is some cave tubing shots:Two Tanked Productions HD & SD Underwater Productions and video services

600_P1010502_Cave_tubing_entrance_BAIII_06.jpg

Thanks! Much appreciated!

Forgot about the shark dive on Roatan(like PaPa bear said)....go straight to the 2 Italians--they call it Cara a Cara, are on the south side, west of the airport @ Las Palmos 'shopping center'---lol......great little dive-one you won't forget for a while....

I'm looking for a 4 or 5 day package to somewhere in the Carribbean or Mexico for a Christmas/New Years get away. Any and all suggestions welcome.

Peter

I'm looking for a 4 or 5 day package to somewhere in the Carribbean or Mexico for a Christmas/New Years get away. Any and all suggestions welcome.

Peter

Just got back from Playa. Dove Playa (Wrecks and Bulls), Cozumel and the Cenotes.

Non stop on USAIR. Plenty of connections with Continental through Houston.

Stayed at the Riu Yucatan. Not bad. Got a great deal. Not a big fan of all inclusives. Nice beach, decent buffet.

Dove with GeoFish Dive Center. Absolutely great dive shop. They take care of all your needs.

Other Options:
St. Croix -Carambola Resort and Cane Bay Divers

Belize (San Pedro) - Stay at the Sun Breeze Hotel and Ecologic Divers

Bonaire is too far for 5 days ... need a week
Key West - Tons to pick from there. Get in some nice wreck diving. Probably be pretty crowded.
Roatan ... same as Bonaire

Good luck.

JcF

Peter

The Caribbean is wide open---weather dependant---@ that time of the year.....Example: US cold fronts that drop temps lets say to 15-20 degrees F. in the deep south will kick your butt in CZM, Belize, Roatan etc(wind & rain wise)......Now saying that, CZM and somewhat Belize will be 'shut down' diving wise for a few days----Roatan has 360 degree diving so all you'll do is dive the South side(resorts move their boats there for a few days) if you're staying on the North side.....I know BIBR, AKR, ILR, SDM do anyway......Therefore,----I would concentrate on Roatan.....btw, I've been to Roatan 12 times in Dec or January & have lost a total of 1/2 (afternoon while they were moving the boats) days of diving 2 times---@ least with those 4 places I mentioned.....and---it's never been in the 50's there, ever...:D, nice......

Back
Top Bottom