Travel recommendation - January from the North-East USA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alucard

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Would like to see if the highly experienced travellers on SB can help with a recommendation for a friend.

They live in Philadelphia and would like to do a long weekend in January to a warm location (i.e. no 7mm or drysuits needed ;-) ).

The trick is that because it's for such a short time, they don't want to be spending all their time travelling - they'd rather be diving. They also would like to find a place where there are likely to be little chance of weather issues. (We have been to Cozumel in January and I think 3 out of 5 dive days.. well, were shore days).

So - any trip recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

A long weekend limits their diving due to the no fly times.

They should look on Orbitz or Expedia for non-stops from their airport to various locales.

Then made a decision based on those non-stop choices. If you have layovers you can essentially can lose a day each way traveling.

Would like to see if the highly experienced travellers on SB can help with a recommendation for a friend.

They live in Philadelphia and would like to do a long weekend in January to a warm location (i.e. no 7mm or drysuits needed ;-) ).

The trick is that because it's for such a short time, they don't want to be spending all their time travelling - they'd rather be diving. They also would like to find a place where there are likely to be little chance of weather issues. (We have been to Cozumel in January and I think 3 out of 5 dive days.. well, were shore days).

So - any trip recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

January is wintertime in the Caribbean so weather can be an issue wherever you go. Having such a short time for a trip is going to be a crap shoot no matter where you go. Your best bet would be to fly to Bonaire, which is as far south as you can go and weather is milder, but you are looking at longer flytimes. Your best bet would be to extend your trip and/or wait until Feb or March when the weather is warming up and calmer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom