San Juan airport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tc_rain

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
My next dive trip is coming up soon and I have a seven hour layover in San Juan. Several of us would like to get a cab and look around rather then just sit in the airport that long. Does anyone know if they have lockers somewhere in the airport that we would be able to lock up our carry-ons rather then carry them around with us?

I don't know if they have lockers but they do have a "left luggage" room where you can leave your bags and get a claim check. It only costs a couple of bucks. You have enough time to go into Old San Juan and see some of the sights, forts, etc. Hint: Have the taxi driver drop you off at the top of the hill and when you're ready to return to the airport you can work your way down and find a taxi back.

If you can you might want to collect ALL of your luggage. The airport is notorious for theft.

7 hours in San Juan, I feel your pain in the airport known as the "eater of cameras".

7 hours in San Juan, I feel your pain in the airport known as the "eater of cameras".

I think the theft problem there is very old news. I remember that from years ago when some employees were stealing cameras and sellling them on ebay. They were caught, fired, and prosecuted as I remember. I haven't heard a thing about problems at San Juan airport in years........ so let's not keep dissing them, unless there is proof that it is continuing. :D

robin:D

I think the theft problem there is very old news. I remember that from years ago when some employees were stealing cameras and sellling them on ebay. They were caught, fired, and prosecuted as I remember. I haven't heard a thing about problems at San Juan airport in years........ so let's not keep dissing them, unless there is proof that it is continuing. :D

robin:D
I have no personal knowledge of theft problems there, but I do have issues with AA and it's employees there. The latest one was last summer when they sent my luggage back to Bonaire It took two weeks for AA to locate it, and another week to get it returned to me... I have found the employees there to be surly at best. They seem to operate on their own schedule with little or no regard for customer service. After the fiasco last summer with my luggage I say no more for us. I'll never fly through San Juan again. It's too easy to fly Continental through Houston and on to Bonaire. :palmtree:

I agree it's good to avoid AA through San Juan - last time all of our bags arrrived home at different times days later, covered in animal hair and one had a new tag implying it had been to Norway in the interim, though I found that hard to believe.

But they can be just as screwed up through Miami. Unfortunately there's enough places they're the only major airline or the only one with a decent routing from here that they're hard for me to avoid. :(

If my luggage has to be lost by AA, I hope it is on the way home from the dive trip and not the other way around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom