Please help with vacation destination.. would love to try out some new equipment.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coralfreak

Reaction score
First I would like to say that I am sooo glad that I found this site... I have a question that I'm hoping the good folks here can give me some expert advice. so here goes... I'm looking for a family all inclusive destination for around $4-5000 US for a one week 7 day stay traveling between june and august. I would like to find a place where food is inclusive as well as scuba diving. I am the only diver in the family and we will be traveling with two toddlers (4&5 yrs). So having a place that caters to toddlers with some sort of kids club or baby sitting services included is a big plus. To date we traveled to beaches resorts and liked, actually the kids love it. The diving is ok at Jamaica but better at Turks and caicos. We've been to the beaches in Jamaica and the one in turks and caicos and loved the one in turks and caicos very much. However, we would like to try other destinations. Wife and I have also been to bahamas, curacao, Mexico, florida, canada, and Israel. We are willing to travel upto 9 hours door to door from New Jersey. I would love to travel to Belize or Cayman Islands as I've heard that they have great scuba but i have been unable to find an all inclusive with the amenities that I mention above. I would be willing to spend a little bit more if the destination has what we're looking for. could you help suggest any place? specific hotel and destination or links would be greatly appreciated. I am looking forward to contribute. Thanks in advance for all of your help.

First I would like to say that I am sooo glad that I found this site... I have a question that I'm hoping the good folks here can give me some expert advice. so here goes... I'm looking for a family all inclusive destination for around $4-5000 US for a one week 7 day stay traveling between june and august. I would like to find a place where food is inclusive as well as scuba diving. I am the only diver in the family and we will be traveling with two toddlers (4&5 yrs). So having a place that caters to toddlers with some sort of kids club or baby sitting services included is a big plus. To date we traveled to beaches resorts and liked, actually the kids love it. The diving is ok at Jamaica but better at Turks and caicos. We've been to the beaches in Jamaica and the one in turks and caicos and loved the one in turks and caicos very much. However, we would like to try other destinations. Wife and I have also been to bahamas, curacao, Mexico, florida, canada, and Israel. We are willing to travel upto 9 hours door to door from New Jersey. I would love to travel to Belize or Cayman Islands as I've heard that they have great scuba but i have been unable to find an all inclusive with the amenities that I mention above. I would be willing to spend a little bit more if the destination has what we're looking for. could you help suggest any place? specific hotel and destination or links would be greatly appreciated. I am looking forward to contribute. Thanks in advance for all of your help.

I have a group going to Bonaire May 31-June 7th..airfare-unlimited diving-free nitrox-rental vehicle-buffet breakfast-50% discount at the hotel bar/restaurant etc..$1800.per diver..less for non diver..Can arrange for baby sitter/activities for them as well..if interested pm me and I'll email to your email an announcement of trip and will be able to answer your questions,or find out about questions you may have.We are leaving from Newark.

All-inclusives -
check out Cozumel and Playa del Carmen. Both have places with Kids Clubs. (Hotel Cozumel, Allegro, Wyndham, & Fiesta Americana in Cozumel. Reef and Allegro Playacar, Occidental in PDC)
Cozumel vacation, Mexico resort hotel rates - Bay Adventures
Riviera Maya Resorts and Diving Packages for Divers.

Roatan would suit your needs also - check out HOME | Anthony's Key Resort and Fantasy Island Beach Resort Dive & Marina
Rotan Honduras diving vacation rates and trip quote - Bay Adventures

robin:D

We did Cozumel when our youngest still needed a kid's club while the rest of us dived. We would go to pick her up after our dives and she didn't want to leave the kids club. That was Fiesta Allegro which is now closed. Our family loved that place and are sad to see it change. Hoping that it really will be better and not just bigger.

Fiesta Americana may be as good but the grounds are not as nice.
We did Tobacco Caye, Belize with the family but everyone dived by that time. I don't think it would be much fun for non-divers.
A cruise may work. Something for everyone. Find one that stops at known diving destinations. I saw a few the other night and the prices are really good lately.

I worked at and now sell for Laguna Beach Resort in Utila, Honduras The Laguna Beach Resort, Utila, Exclusive diving
We have all inclusive packages with 3 meals a day, 3 boat dives a day, 2 night boat dives a day, unlimited shore diving/snorkeling, unlimited horseback riding, kayaking & biking, r/t transfers Utila airport/resort, and taxes.
We have a Kids Special during June & July where vacationer kids under 11 are free. The diver package is $1165 and vacationer is $860. The vacationer package includes everything above except the diving.
During June & July we do tend to get more familys so can arrange for a baby sitter to come and watch the kids if they adults want time to do their own thing.
Have a look at our website for more information on the resort, pictures, and a video. You can also PM me or e-mail me with questions.

First I would like to say that I am sooo glad that I found this site... I have a question that I'm hoping the good folks here can give me some expert advice. so here goes... I'm looking for a family all inclusive destination for around $4-5000 US for a one week 7 day stay traveling between june and august. I would like to find a place where food is inclusive as well as scuba diving. I am the only diver in the family and we will be traveling with two toddlers (4&5 yrs). So having a place that caters to toddlers with some sort of kids club or baby sitting services included is a big plus.

Are you into cruising at all? We booked a 7 night Disney cruise to the Western Caribbean about a month ago for a May departure. They are stopping at Key West, Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Castaway Island. There are kids programs and day care and diving to be had. We went for an inside cabinet all inclusive for around $1500. That's total for the two of us, leaving a bit left for the diving.

Thanks for all of the suggestions... I am still looking into these links closely. I'm wondering if there are any other suggestions out there??? thanks

Not sure how much of it fits what you want but check out Thatch Caye in southern Belize as the diving is superb and they offer trips to the outer reefs as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom