Trip to any where - Groups with space

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaBoy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm looking to go on a trip or two in the near future. I'm an inexperienced diver, currently getting certified.

If any one has a spot for a single diver in either APRIL or MAY, any where in the world. The first 5 business days of any month are pretty much out for me but beyond that i'm game for just about anything.

I may go somewhere to finish up certification for a long weekend sometime soon maybe march.

I'm open to live aboard, resort, all includisve deals, what ever.
Thanks,
Ben

There seem to be so many places to go. I start reading about one and think well i'll book it after i clear my time off then i read about another place... How to decide...

I think my biggest concern is that I do not get enough vacation time... Both of those clubs look very active and the Roatan resort looks like it rocks... I'm almost ready to book Roatan...

Well, I don't have a lot of experience as a diver, but for what it's worth :

• For your first dives, safety is the most important. No matter where you go, choose a reliable dive op and instructor. Plenty of threads about that in the regional forums.

• Choose a warm and clear water location... Makes the diving a lot easier and enjoyable (IMO).

• And if you don't have a lot of vacation time, pick a destination according to how "close" it is from your home (flight schedule and duration, transfers to/from airport...)

I don't know where Fort Worth is, but if you're in the US, the most convenient place for you is probably the Caribbean...
Check out the Caribbean Regional forum, I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.

Have fun

I'm looking to go on a trip or two in the near future. I'm an inexperienced diver, currently getting certified.

If any one has a spot for a single diver in either APRIL or MAY, any where in the world. The first 5 business days of any month are pretty much out for me but beyond that i'm game for just about anything.

I may go somewhere to finish up certification for a long weekend sometime soon maybe march.

I'm open to live aboard, resort, all includisve deals, what ever.
Thanks,
Ben

I have a group going to Bonaire on May 31 to June 7.staying at Buddy Dive Resort..you would have to arrange your own airfare ,continental has flights out of Houston..PM me if interested.There are 2 instructors(PADI-SDI- TDI) on this trip that can do your training dives or any advance/specialties desired.

There seem to be so many places to go. I start reading about one and think well i'll book it after i clear my time off then i read about another place... How to decide...

I think my biggest concern is that I do not get enough vacation time... Both of those clubs look very active and the Roatan resort looks like it rocks... I'm almost ready to book Roatan...

You have lots of great choices to look at. Roatan and Bonaire are both good destinations for new divers. I would go with a group though as it will be a better first dive trip experience plus you could share a room with another diver to save money and have a buddy. We went to Bonaire in 2007 and stayed at Buddy's and loved it. Here is my video of the house reef:
[vimeo]3207050[/vimeo]

BUT another option is for you to go on a liveaboard trip. Fly directly to Ft. Lauderdale and get on the Nekton for a Bahamas trip. They are perfect for newer divers and also singles as you may end up with your own room unless the boat is full. There are usually several other singles onboard and they usually team up as buddies for the week. Fun and lots of diving! I would recommend you look at the Medio Reef or the NW Bahamas itineraries, Cay Sal might be too advanced for you at this time. Nekton Cruises > Home You can also finish your certification onboard and they will do it for free! Check out the website for the info.
Here is my video from Medio Reef last year:
[vimeo]983961[/vimeo]

robin:D

I have a friend going to San Andres and Old Providence the second week in May for one or two weeks, he is looking for a buddy "thescout" is his scubaboard name.
Ciao
Tad

Hey Robin,

Are there any boats out of Ft lauderdale that you would recomend? My first dive experience was on a Live aboard for a week in the Turks and Cocaos when i was about 12. That is really what i want, but he resorts seem to have more information and they also seem to be easier to get to.

I may go as soon as march if it is a domestic trip. Asia may have to wait a couple months.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom