Miami Airport is A Mess

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

irie1029

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Is there any worse airport to fly through internationally? I swear 1.5 hours to get through customs and immigration. Baggage reclaim is a joke a 2 year old could organize better process flow.... I am personally boycotting that mismanged joke of an airport.

You are correct, there is no worse airport anywhere. I have been boycotting it for years. Everything from service at restaurants, shops, and baggage claim, to security and customs. It's truly pathetic. The attitudes or lack thereof from everyone that I've ever encountered working there was shameful at best.

I agree that it totally blows! Houston and DFW are far more efficient not to mention hygenic hubs. Unfortunately almost all of AA flights to the Carribean depart from MIA.

I avoid MIA too, much rather hop up to Atlanta and leave from there.

I avoid MIA too, much rather hop up to Atlanta and leave from there.
Atlanta is cleaner and nicer but I've had more ground stops, delays, and cancellations there than Miami. Air travel is a step below Greyhound these days.

Atlanta is cleaner and nicer but I've had more ground stops, delays, and cancellations there than Miami. Air travel is a step below Greyhound these days.

LOL Air travel have been a step below for a long time now. It sucks when you travel for business and have deal with the delays and lost luggage.

Miami Airport has been horrible for a long time. English is about fourth or fifth on the list of predominant languages spoken there. The workers are grumpy and downright unfriendly. Its filthy. The waiting lines for everything from screening to the restrooms are immense. If you have the misfortune of being forced to fly American Airlines, you will most likely be delayed or bumped. They give you vouchers that are valid for food at the airport, so that you can redeem them and get abused while getting a dose of food poisoning....
Fort Lauderdale Airport is a much better alternative for South Florida.

Add me to the list of people who will not fly through Miami. More people speak English at Mexican airports than Miami. I felt like I was in a third rate third world airport.

Oh Man I have to go through there on Thursday on the way to Curacao. An hour and 10 minutes on the way down and 4 hours are the way back. I guess I'll need the 4 hours on the way back for customs and Imagration etc....Are there any good Resteraunts there or just stick to McDonalds where I'll have low expectations to start.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom