Suggestions for resort or land based diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fowlthing

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am looking for suggestions on resorts etc that is most like the liveaboard experience... i.e. not having to carry our equipment back and forth to the room etc.

Would really appreciate the help, our group went on a liveaboard and loved it except for one member was seasick for about three days.

Three dives a day would be plenty.

Little Cayman Beach resort feels that way to me. You put your gear in a bag by your door, and it appears on your designated boat. You don't need to cart anything around other than to put your wetsuit and little things like masks in the drying shed right by the dock. Tanks and the rest of your gear stay on the boat or are handled by staff. You usually dive off the same boat all week but if you need to change, say for a night dive, they make sure your gear gets on the right boat. All inclusive buffet meals a short stroll from your room, generally pretty good and no thinking required.

Ocean Frontiers on the East End of Cayman may also qualify. They come get your gear from your car and you don't need to touch it again. You don't even need to hang your wetsuit they do it for you. All you have to do is stick your small lose gear and wetsuit in a crate they give you and they take it off the boat, rinse it, and it will be back on your next boat. It is missing the brainless stroll to the buffet aspect of Little Cayman though. There's no restaurant there (though I've heard they're supposed to open one sometime) so it's either cook in your condo or drive to one of the local restaurants.

I sixth COCO View....

For a diver it's as close to a liveaboard as you can achieve and stay on land!

Any of the AI resorts should be what you're looking for. Most usually have lockers on/near the dock for gear.

Here are some examples:

On Roatan try:

Cocoview
Fantasy Island
Bay Islands Beach Resort
Anthony's Key Resort
Luna Beach Resort

Bonaire:

Capt' Don's Habitat
Buddy Dive?
Divi Flamingo
Plaza Resort - long carry to their shoredive though.

Curacao:

Sunset Waters
Habitat Curacao
Lodge Kura Hulanda
Lions Dive - gear stored at Ocean Encounters next door afaik

Some of the AI's on Cozumel also depending on if you dive with the on-site operator.

We dove with DiveBVI on Virgin Gorda. They kept all our gear in secured storage near their dock. Moved it onto/off the boat daily. And cleaned it when we were done.

Little Cayman Beach resort feels that way to me. You put your gear in a bag by your door, and it appears on your designated boat. You don't need to cart anything around other than to put your wetsuit and little things like masks in the drying shed right by the dock. Tanks and the rest of your gear stay on the boat or are handled by staff. You usually dive off the same boat all week but if you need to change, say for a night dive, they make sure your gear gets on the right boat. All inclusive buffet meals a short stroll from your room, generally pretty good and no thinking required.

I would second this one along with excellent diving and excellent food at the buffet.

Back
Top Bottom