Best Diving in June?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaMichael

Registered
Reaction score
Hi: I would like to go diving in June this year. I like the big guys (sharks, mantas etc) and I am wondering what could be the best place to be at that time of the year. Any suggestions? Thanks. Mike

Hi: I would like to go diving in June this year. I like the big guys (sharks, mantas etc) and I am wondering what could be the best place to be at that time of the year. Any suggestions? Thanks. Mike

What is your budget??? That makes a huge difference in what we can recommend.

June is a good time in the Caribbean as water is warm and it is the beginning of hurricane season so chances of storms is low.

If you want to see sharks every day, go on one of the Bahamas liveaboards. Last April we saw lots of sharks on our Nekton trip as well as on our Nekton trip in June 2 yrs ago. Nekton Cruises > Home We highly recommend this trip for anyone.
No mantas though, I would go somewhere in Pacific - like Palau, Yap, or Fiji to see those. Or there is the night dive with Mantas in Kona, Hawaii. There are some white tips sharks in Hawaii also.
See my videos of Palau and Bahamas... (under my signature line)

Galapagos guarantees lots of sharks and most likely mantas but it is very expensive and liveaboard trips are booked up over a year in advance. Another liveaboard to see sharks and mantas is Socorro Islands on the Somar V. Not a cheap trip either though.

robin:D

Thanks Robin. Maybe Bahamas. On which trip did you go on the Nekton?

Thanks Robin. Maybe Bahamas. On which trip did you go on the Nekton?

We did the Cay Sal Bank trip in June 2006, Medio Reef trip in April 2008. Check out my videos of Medio and you will get a good idea of what the trips are like. The two itineraries are the same except for 2 days where time is spent at different sites. Cay Sal has more adv dives, more deep dives, more reef sharks. Medio is still great though with a whole day over at Cay Sal blue holes and shark action. I would do either one again in a heartbeat! We haven't done the NW itinerary, but have been told there are less sharks but more chance of dolphins in that area.

robin:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom