advice: single person needs a dive holiday in july.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arcticcat

Reaction score
Blackbeards is full. Combine good diving and somewhere that a single person fits in. I'am an experenced diver.

thanks in advance...

arcticcat once bubbled...
Blackbeards is full. Combine good diving and somewhere that a single person fits in. I'am an experenced diver.
It's a dive oriented all inclusive. 90% of the guests are divers, and the overall atmosphere is pretty much like a liveaboard. It's my favorite Cozumel spot for trips where I go alone. Most people are on the same schedule because of the boat sked, so you end up quickly meeting people and having company for meals, particularly if you end up on the same boat repeatedly.

http://www.scubaclubcozumel.com/

Have you considered an aggressor trip?

www.aggressor.com

It looks like there are some openings on the Ultimate Getaway in July. The boat departs from Fort Myers and dives the Dry Tortugas. It's very reasonable to begin with, plus for $10 per trip you get nitrox fills for the whole trip.

www.ultimategetaway.net

Or Nekton?
Or the Carribean Explorer?
I could go on.

Someone must have an opening on a trip that fits your schedule.

There are lots of other options out there. Type "scuba liveaboard" into a browser and see what you come up with.

I know there is still space on that Aggressor singles trip - I just checked with them.

It would be nice to find a place where you could get discounts for booking "last minute", though. It makes up for having to pay somewhat higher airfare!

sapphire

Check out : http://www.gulf-diving.com/

It's pretty austere but only diff between singles & couples is the total bill - it's all a $ per person. Of the about 35 bunks, only 1 or 2 are doubles.

SINGLE DIVER CHARTERS
Have you ever felt like the only single diver on a boat full of couples? In 2004, Aggressor Fleet is offering "Single Diver Charters" for divers who prefer not to travel with couples. This is not the "Dating Game" or a wacky reality television program, it is just a laid back dive vaction for single men and women.

Belize Aggressor III: April 17-24, 2004
Cayman Aggressor IV: June 26-July 3, 2004

this page shows the singles trip as 2004.

am I missing something?

that aggressor trip is in 2004 - I was picking up 2003 from another email thread. Hope that didn't confuse anyone but me! No wonder they have noone signed up for it yet!

sapphire

I have been to Sharm twice through Crusader Travel in UK.

Crusader

I always stayed shore based, as both times the liveaboard spots he offered involved being a single in with a large party, and I figured that if I didnt get on it was a lot of moolah to spend for a week stuck on a boat.....

If you go to that site, he will often have late spaces on liveaboards from Red Sea to Thailand etc available.........

Back
Top Bottom