What's everybody's dive plans for 2001?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beachman

Reaction score
If you're a "northern" person, not exactly into ice diving or dry suits for sub-50 degree bottom temps, just wondering how many other folks plan their 2001 dive adventures this time of year.

For starters, I'm going to Tortolla & St. John for 4 weeks Jan/Feb, Key largo in March, Blackbeard liveaboard out of Miami to the out islands at the end of April, NC outerbanks in early June, live and dive in Virginia Beach, VA summer, Flower Gardens end of August.

Of course, it's early yet....schedule not full and looking for suggestions I haven't thought of to put in between.

How 'bout y'all?

DSAO

Hopefully a trip to Coz in January. A weeks stay at CoCo View Resort in Roatan in March. To Pompano Beach area in July for the annual Diverlink trip. Maybe the Flower Gardens in August.

Damn Beachman, I knew I sold you that book to cheap! Only wish I could afford to do all that. My job provides me with plenty of free time for diving, trouble is finding the funds. Funny how a loose work schedule has that affect.

Anyway, I plan on taking a Rescue course this spring and making a few trips to Florida(Panama City/spring country area) also this spring. Then a trip to either Coz, Belize or Cayman Brac in April. Haven't decided which yet. By the end of summer I plan on buying a drysuit to increase my season. Also a trip to the Keys is on this summer. Fall and winter is still wide open. Not mentioning, my most likely bi-weekly trips to the local quarry. Oh yeah, one more much hoped for dive is to the Bonne Terre Mine in Missouri if I can find a buddy for the trip.

Lacking a buddy no big plans to speak of, going to Grand
Cayman Jan 18-21st, Cayman Beach Club (aka Colony, also hope to maybe make Bonaire again in June, maybe try some local stuff here in Texas in between (yucky lake stuff)

Bonne Terre is a definate must do for me, so yank away. That place just has to be a truly "one of a kind" dive. The only bad thing I can see about it is they require you to progressively dive different trails before allowing you on the great ones, and at $60 a dive it can be a tad pricy. But I aim to dive it anyway, most likely sometime this coming summer for 2 or 3 days. I'll be sure to shoot you an email a month or 2 before and maybe you can join me.

You and I, and your hubby and my queen will meet someday, someplace....wanna bet?

Ain't it great when you have to use hand signs to communicate? Of course, there's always the universal one I get any time I'm out of line!

DSAO

We'll have to cross bubble trails somewhere along the way.

Beast and I will look forward to meeting you and your Queen.

We've also got our own little set of signals!

Dee

99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer----

Starting my cave classes, will spend many weekends at Rubadoo, Mo., (don't know about the spelling). Going to Akumal in Feb. Probably the Keys in spring. Going to try to make it out to see my brother (Mario) this summer.
And from Caymancase's suggestion, going to Cayman last week in Oct, for Pirate's Week, can you say Arrrggghhh Mattie?
Have to go to the dive shop tomorrow & see if I can get a fin for my wooden leg. My new dive mask has a patch over the left lens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now ya know!

Don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom