Looking for dive operator in Las Vegas - Lake Mead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NJdiver85

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a dive operator that is running charters on Lake Mead in Las Vegas? I will be there in December. One operator (Funndivers) told me their boat was being repaired and December was questionable. Another operator (Neptune Divers)said that all the permits required makes running charters on Lake Mead unprofitable.

I'am sure that there are at least two dive shops in Boulder City. Sorry don't remember the names. Have you tried the Padi web site. Search for Dive Centerrs and Resorts?

good luck don O

There are few choices in Vegas, and the diving in Lake Mead is marginal at best. It is FAR from a "dive" type of town.

Here are a few shops:

GR8 DIVN Have two shops, one in Boulder City and another in the Western portion of Las Vegas on Rainbow Blvd. 702-294-5060.

Desert Divers 438-1000

International Scuba Center 566-9898

You can also try
Blue Seas Blue Seas 702-367-2822, they are probably the largest shop in town, but I have not had good experiances from the owner of the shop. We have been treated quite rudely in the past.

Dive shop manager at my LDS just came back from Vegas. He was supposed to dive Lake Mead. I'll talk to him and see how that went

I would not recommend Blue Seas to ANYONE!!! The staff there is marginal with their customer service skills at best and their prices are the highest in town... I was in the shop when one of the staff cussing out a customer with their kids standing right next to them and telling the customer that they were ”full of sh*t” (actual quote) on their dive experience. Another time the staff was complaining and swearing like a mad at customer while there was a dive class going on, about how lousy the instructor was who was teaching the class. This was “very reassuring” because my wife and I were taking the class.

We have had several problems with the service department also. Twice we have had to return equipment that they had worked on (annual service); this was after the owner accused my wife of screwing up on purpose her regulator. The 3rd time they worked on it was after a failure in a Cenote dive, and our lawyer was contacted, the guy was sweating like a dog, since he stated that he worked on it and the recanted after we wanted copies of all the parts ordered and testing. He could not produce them and told us our equipment was Junk.

There are other places in Vegas to go and GO there…. Run Far and Fast away from Blue Seas!!!!!

American Cactus Divers S-2527
3985 East Sunset Road, Suite B
Las Vegas, Nevada 89120
UNITED STATES
Phone: (702) 433-3483
Fax: (702) 433-3456

chrisc:
I would not recommend Blue Seas to ANYONE!!! The staff there is marginal with their customer service skills at best and their prices are the highest in town... I was in the shop when one of the staff cussing out a customer with their kids standing right next to them and telling the customer that they were ”full of sh*t” (actual quote) on their dive experience. Another time the staff was complaining and swearing like a mad at customer while there was a dive class going on, about how lousy the instructor was who was teaching the class. This was “very reassuring” because my wife and I were taking the class.

We have had several problems with the service department also. Twice we have had to return equipment that they had worked on (annual service); this was after the owner accused my wife of screwing up on purpose her regulator. The 3rd time they worked on it was after a failure in a Cenote dive, and our lawyer was contacted, the guy was sweating like a dog, since he stated that he worked on it and the recanted after we wanted copies of all the parts ordered and testing. He could not produce them and told us our equipment was Junk.

There are other places in Vegas to go and GO there…. Run Far and Fast away from Blue Seas!!!!!
I lived in Vegas when Blue Seas openned. Right from the beginning the owner was "in your face" with his rude behavior. I went to the shop every couple of years and found him to be rude to his staff and customers alike. I haven't had anything but negative experience with him.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom