DM Internship - Good Deal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sea_munky

Reaction score
Hi! Is it a Blue Light Special, a SuperSavings, or the RipOFf of the Century?

I'd appreciate any feedback and price comparisons with your experiences.

For US$1600
- Open Water to Divermaster training
- at least 60 dives logged
- most equipment, boat, tanks, etc.
- housing (supposedly beachside)
- 3 to a room, shared kitchen/bath
- weekly housecleaning, pool

LOCATION: Manzanillo, Mexico (mid-west coast, b/w P.V. & Acapulco)

WHO: Neptune Divers (neptunedivers.com)

It's an internship, so I think I'll be pretty much working for the shop as training.

Thanks for your help!

Sea Munky,

You posted this twice, in two different sections which is generally frowned on since these are your only two posts.

sea_munky once bubbled...
Hi! Is it a Blue Light Special, a SuperSavings, or the RipOFf of the Century?

I'd vote for spam.

Hey, c'mon guys...I'm new and I'm just trying to get info/tips and just to hear any experiences people are willing to share.

Chrpai n cavediver, sorry i don't mean to clog up the message board. I just honestly wanna know if this deal is worth doing. Isn't this what a forum is for, the exchange of info?

So what do people think? Cheap/Average/Expensive?

chrpai once bubbled...
I'd vote for spam.

LOL, looks like you got that spam filter tweaked just right!

I'm sorry but the way the message was worded ( complete with company name and website ) from someone with just 2 posts at the time just stunk a little.

But look on the bright side... Just as I sniff a GUE class report testimonial as spam I also sniff a SSI DiveCon as spam.

sea_munky once bubbled...
Hey, c'mon guys...I'm new and I'm just trying to get info/tips and just to hear any experiences people are willing to share.

So I take it your not an OW diver yet? What makes you want to be a dive master already?

chrpai once bubbled...
But look on the bright side... Just as I sniff a GUE class report testimonial as spam I also sniff a SSI DiveCon as spam.

Have you found a new doctor since the move? Your sniffer appears broken. :wink:

chrpai once bubbled...
So I take it your not an OW diver yet? What makes you want to be a dive master already?

Probably wants to work on a boat or at a resort. No different then going to vo-tech school really.

I am Open Water certified, as my original post says this deal is for training from OW to DM.

Why do I want to do it? Pretty much for personal knowledge, skill, the experience & fun. I'm unsure if I'm going to be diving professionally.

Any feedback would be much appreciated. I'm a high school science teacher taking a year off to go travel/study/dive and trying to gain more experience in environmental education.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom