St Thomas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

christine

Registered
Reaction score
Helloooooo

I'm a fairly new diver and am heading to the U.S. Virgin Islands for the holiday. Do any of you have a favorite spot(s)?

Thanks alot,
Christine

Hey there and welcome to the world of getting wet....

Ive been to both St Thomas and St John. At St T ...I stayed at the Rennaisance Hotel and used the dive ops called Chris Sawyer. .....needless to say owned by Chris. He is part of the hotel ops but you can use him no matter where you stay.

He runs a good and professional dive ops and goes to decent areas. Right across the street from his place is a shore dive called Coki beach. It is interesting but nothing fantastic. Does save you the cost of a boat one day and if you are really new...any dive is almost a good dive so check it out.

On St. J ... I stayed at the Weston Resort. It was a lot more expensive than the Ren. Hotel on St. T. but the nice thing about St. J is you can rent a car and drive all over the island.....which is 90% preserve......very easily. Depending on the time of year you go.....you can find beaches...Like Cinnamon....practically deserted. Leave nothing of value in car tho. And, I wouldnt try to drive a tank on St. T. asking to die !!

Good luck and do a trip report when you get back.
Rich

I'll be there next weekend and diving with Chris Sawyer. I'll let you know my favorites when I get back!

Blue Island Divers.

I haven't dove with them as a business in St. Thomas but I can certainly vouch for the owners. Aitch took me on my first BSAC intro to diving pool session and my first Open Water dive as well. And Sean's is the signature on my OW certification. They are both top notch divers and instructors and they love what they do.

In fact if it wasn't for these fellows and how welcome they made me feel as a newbie, I have to wonder if I would be a diver today. And if I can send a bit of business their way it's the least I can do.

http://www.blueislanddivers.com/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom