Bonaire and Port Hardy BC a divers paradise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaab

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hey people

If you are looking for a dive trip this summer I would recommend for the warm water divers Bonaire. I did this a couple of months ago and here are links to my blog of some video and pics I took.
Bonaire 2013 ? The Undiscovered Voyage

For the cold water divers I just came back from Port Hardy with God's pocket resort. It is a magical place to dive. Here is a link to my blog about that trip:
Port Hardy /Gods Pocket 2013 ? The Undiscovered Voyage

I apologize for a slight hijack but does diving around that way have to be from God's Pocket? Are there operations that day trip out of Port Hardy to the same sites?

Contact Steve and Trudy Lacasse of Sun Fun Divers out of Port McNeill. If you book ahead and have a few people in your group, he will run day trips out of Port McNeill. He has lodging available in Port McNeill as well. sunfun@island.net or (250) 956-2243

I dont think there are any dive charters running out of Port Hardy anymore.

Hey ScubaSteve

GO to the bottom of this blog I posted a while back Dive Trip To A Coldwater Paradise ? The Undiscovered Voyage. THere are 4 links to all the operators in that area. I would recommend at least a weekend trip. The Mamro and Browning pass hideaway have reasonable rates for weekend trips. Gods Pocket and the Nautilus swell are more luxury solutions.. I have been with 3 of them and know the owner of the hideway and they are all good solutions to do some amazing diving. I have been 3 times and non of them ever disappointed

Hey people

If you are looking for a dive trip this summer I would recommend for the warm water divers Bonaire. I did this a couple of months ago and here are links to my blog of some video and pics I took.
Bonaire 2013 ? The Undiscovered Voyage

For the cold water divers I just came back from Port Hardy with God's pocket resort. It is a magical place to dive. Here is a link to my blog about that trip:
Port Hardy /Gods Pocket 2013 ? The Undiscovered Voyage

Back to the original intent of this thread. Great reports! This is exactly the kind of dive trips that I like to put together. A cold water trip and a warm water trip. Very inspirational, and thanks for posting your reports!

Nice... I live in Vancouver, BC and just did two weeks in Bonaire over this past summer (wonderful!).

I have yet to travel to Port Hardy (as I typically use my funds and vacation days for the warm water diving and just go out into Howe Sound or shore dive here locally on weekends), but I look forward to heading over to Browning Pass sometime in the near future.

Lol I grew up in port hardy and have never dove there, also in van now and despite what I said in high school, I want to go back! For diving.... Lol.
Hey Jody, been thinking of a trip Bonaire ways, any tips ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom