Turks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Msg1963

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Going in Nov. Getting mixed reviews taking my 16 year old son it's his third dive trip his open waterways in theFla. Keys so I'm sure he will love turks I'm told they take you in groups of ten or so and everyone must ascend at the same time I'm not to keen on this although it might not make a difference when I'm with him but I'm thinking it won't work out for me when I'm not with him I'd like to get as much bottom time as possible

This sort of thing tends to be dive op dependent. Who is "they"? - you need to either ask the op, or say what op you're using then someone who has dove with them might be able to comment.

It can also be dive dependent - for example on drift dives you will often see this done for practical reasons.

Beaches in turks thanks not sure of the dive op

if your talking turks & caicos and staying at the beaches resort , your dives will be significantly reduced in time !
i woknow its all inclusive but i would please venture out of the resort!!!!!!
have a look in ports of call the best land based operation is dive provo !!! trust me they rock !!!!
better options of diving !!!! enjoy!!!!!! but please get out of the resort for a look around the island!!!!!
your have i great time!!!

Thanks I'll look into it not looking to go all that way and not get the diving I'm lookin for don't mind spending a little more . Non divers booked the trip

Diving at non-dive AI resorts like Beaches has a reputation of being pretty controlled and designed for the lowest common denominator. I haven't stayed there, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do make the group dive and come up together like you had heard. I also don't know if they go to the better sites (which means probably a longer boat trip and leaving from the other side of the island.) The common suggestion is if you're not going to be happy with shortish led dives, best to use an off property independent dive op for at least some of your diving. I'm pretty sure Caicos Adventures (another good op) would pick you up there and I imagine others would as well.

What gizmo said^. Find someone diving French Cay or West Caicos on a day trip. (Dive Provo, Caicos Adventures etc.)

The Beaches dive op usually takes you to NW Point for two dives daily since it's nearby and they have their time limit as you've observed. It's good diving but far from the best available.

The other dives require a longer boat ride but can also be drift dives. Over the 6000' wall. We saw more sharks at French Cay than anywhere else. So many Stingrays resting near the moorings that it was boring. West Caicos also was better diving.

It's not inexpensive ($200+pp), but the 3-tank Thursday charter with Caicos Adventures hits some of the best. Advanced 3-Tank Diving in Turks & Caicos! Choose From Many Drift Dive Sites in Pristine, Remote Locations!

They also dive West Caicos and French Cay on their regular 2-tank dives ($135). Daily Group Diving at Some of the Finest Wall & Reef Spots in the World! Reserve with CaicosAdventures Now!

We liked Driveway (West Caicos), Molasses Reef and Double D (French Cay)

Already made up my mind when diving with my son I'm doing the resort. days I'm by myself I'm off. Was looking at the 3 tank. Now I'm stoked again. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom