Week annual leave to spend, but where...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ksporry

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Guys,
got a weeks worth of annual leave to finish this year. Was considering going diving somewhere end November, early December. I'm going to Bali during Xmas already, also going to boracay end January.
I'm located in shanghai. I also realise typhoon Yolanda just wreaked havoc in the Philippines, so I'm not sure how good diving is there right now. I also understood that same typhoon is heading for Vietnam and Thailand now.

Keeping all that in mind, does anyone have any recommendations for dive destinations in the Asia pacific region?

Hi ksporry,

What are the gateway options you have for flights from Shanghai? If you only have a weeks leave there is no point trying to get to anywhere too remote or you'l end up with not much dive time!

With regards to the typhoon I'm not sure how long lasting the effects on the Philippines will be, but I do know that it is not due to make it to Thailand. Current forecasts predict it tracking over towards Vietnam (thats if it doesn't burn itself out 1st) so all dive spots in including Koh Tao in the gulf of Thailand where we are based, and also the Andamans on the west coast should remain largely unaffected.

Hope this helps, happy holiday planning :)

I was thinking of sticking to SE asia to keep the diving worthwhile. At the moment I'm considering a liveaboard trip in Thailand, Similan Islands.
If anyone knows of affordable liveaboards that do 5 day trips, that'd be great!

You can try SDS (Similan Dive Safaris),Wicked Diving and KSA (Khao Lak Scuba Adventures) - most trips we know of are 4 days, 3 nights, but you could always tag on a day trip to somewhere more local too :)

Okinawa just a short trip away.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom