Does DAN trip insurance cover against loss of dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To the best of my knowledge no, DAN here (I am insured under DAN Asia Pacific) will not pay for missed dives due to weather. If you were booked on a LOB and suffered an injury getting onto the boat for example they may but I would say no not just for weather.

DAN offers trip insurance, which would insure against lost dives for named storms, declared weather emergencies, and natural disasters. It took me all of 30 seconds to google this answer. Give "DAN travel insurance" a try.

But it is so much easier to create a thread and ask everyone on the Internet.

Next thing we will get ScubaWickiWack creating a conspiracy about DAN Travel Insurance. Cross thread points :wink:

If the weather doesn't allow the dive boat to go out, you shouldn't be paying for the dive in the first place. If you've pre-paid for the dive, you usually get a refund. For example, last year I booked/paid in advance 3 days of diving with a dive op in Key Largo, and on one of the days the weather was not going to allow diving for that day. I dove 2 of the 3 days, and the dive op refunded back to my credit card the one day that we didn't.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom