Diving Costa Rica March/April 2014 - Pacific or Caribbean coast?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nikkiviper

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All! I am planning a trip through Central America next Spring that would finish up in San Jose, Costa Rica mid/end March. I'm really keen to stay on for afew extra days and get some diving in and was wondering if anyone could recommend whether the diving/vis would be better on the Caribbean or Pacific coast and where you would recommend as the best place(s) to dive / diving operator to dive with / where to stay etc? Unfortunately I dont have the budget or vacation days to make a trip to the Cocos Islands so it would need to be day-trips only. Any and all advice very much appreciated. I am a PADI AOW with 138 logged dives, but I only get to dive 1-2 times a year so prefer less challenging sites. Thank you.

I can speak only for the Pacific side. The viz is OK, not great IMO. The sites are very nice with lots of life. Some of the expeditions can be challenging.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom