dive shop recommendations cozumel or mayan riviera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

golfgirl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am planning a trip to either Cozumel or the Mayan Riviera in February to dive for 7 days. Any dive shop recommendations? Also any recommendations about resorts to stay at under $2,000.00 ?:blinking:

We led a group to the Riviera Maya in October. We stayed at the Catalonia all-inclusive in Puerto Aventuras. The resort was very pleasant, and the food varied from okay to quite good. I looked up a 7 day, single person stay in January, and it was around $1300 (we paid less, but we had a group rate and it was October).

We dove with Dive Aventuras and were very happy with their service. I think they will pick you up at the hotel (they laid on a van for our group) and if not, it's a very pleasant walk to the dive shop.

Yes, you can get a condo much cheaper, but then you have to rent a car and pay for meals. It's the way I personally prefer to travel, but I know a lot of people like the all-inclusives, because they make life so simple. The Catalonia will pick up at the airport in Cancun, and using a PA dive op means no rental car, and that's kind of nice if you aren't used to Mexico.

I recommend CenoteXperience in the Mayan Rivirea. Nico and Martin are great. They will pick you up and drop you back at your hotel. They provide subs, snacks, soft drinks and water. They give very detailed dive briefings ,are very safety minded and you are never rushed. They really enjoy what they do.

Stayed at the Catalina a few years ago and really enjoyed it, more of a hotel style and very multicultural. Also dived with Dive Adventuras in 2011 and had great times.

Sosa

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom