Anyone dove the Dominican Republic?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John A Lewis

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have two folks headed there who are looking for operation(s) to dive with. Both are AOW, if that matters.

Any sites they want to be sure to visit?

All answers will be passed to them.

The south coast (town of Bayahibe, near La Romana) is where the good diving is located. Punta Cana (the resort area on the east coast) has pretty crappy diving...dead reef, lots of surge. If your friend chooses to dive the south he should check out ScubaFun. They are the best operator on the island. Great divemasters and the owner, John Sack is a transplanted American who knows how to run a great dive operation and has the best boats I have ever dived from. Tell him Bob Bonner sent you :)

The south coast (town of Bayahibe, near La Romana) is where the good diving is located. Punta Cana (the resort area on the east coast) has pretty crappy diving...dead reef, lots of surge. If your friend chooses to dive the south he should check out ScubaFun. They are the best operator on the island. Great divemasters and the owner, John Sack is a transplanted American who knows how to run a great dive operation and has the best boats I have ever dived from. Tell him Bob Bonner sent you :)
My wife and I will only use scuba fun!
Jonny. Neal. Igor
they will pick you up at your hotel
hold and wash your gear
book your dives in advance mention. Lynne and Rick
we were there 10/13 and he likes $$$ credit cards have a extra charge added
which is high
Rick

Depends where they are headed but the best diving, especially as they are AOW is off our coast, Las Galeras. The Tower, a beautiful 54 metre tall pinnacle that's studded with hard and soft corals and is a magnet for wrasse, jacks etc and, as it is in open sea, large ocean fish are often spotted. Tibisi 1 and 2 are fabulous dives, walls with plenty to explore. Plus Los Carilles, 2 nice 'modern' wrecks, and some very healthy reefs.
Enjoy!

I stopped over in Samana and anchored in the bay off Las Galeras a few years back. Did not dive,but great whale viewing. I will be a boat trip all the way from Fort Lauderdale to Grenada, leaving from Canada 1July 2014. One of the objectives is to find new dive destinations. I will be stopping in La Romana, but would love to see what Las Galeras has to offer.

Back
Top Bottom