B-17 in Corsica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CamiloPlonger

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm new in this Forum and I just wanted to share a great experience that I had last week. I was in Corsica for one week to dive, I went near the Scandola reserve and to the B-17 wreck near Calvi which blew my mind! For those of you who don't know the story, this US aircraft was shot down in the world war two by german fighters while comming back from a mission in Italy.

That, besides the delicious gastronomy, made my week an unforgetable experience :p :)

Cheers

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk

Camilo,

Do you have any pictures of the B-17? Can you provide a link to the Dive Operator? I am fascinated with WWII history and would love to add the dive to my bucket list.

Thanks,

~Oldbear~

---------- Post added May 13th, 2014 at 02:44 AM ----------

I did a look around on the internet myself and found this link:

Diving the Calvi Boeing B-17 Wreck | Military.com

Hello Oldbear,

Unfortunately I do not have the pictures with me. I'm still waiting for my friends to send them to me :p There should be plenty of operators taking people to the B-17. I spent the entire week with the club "L'incantu" which is located in Galerias. It was really good!
As per what the people told me, the best time to go is in september.
I hope you can go and enjoy the way I did :)

Cheers

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk

Camilo,

Maintenant que je sais que le B-17 est là, je vais regarder la planification d'un voyage à voir.

Merci,

~Oldbear~

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom