Weekend Florida Getaway

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Raven007374

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi guys,

My sister is finally getting her OW cert over the next two weeks here in Missouri. I have my AOW and have been diving for the last 2 years now. I have been to Cozumel and the Bahamas. After my sister gets certified at the quarry we want to take a quick weekend getaway to Florida. We were eye-balling Miami for the city. We have been there for cruises before but never there just to see miami or dive there. I would like to try and get my sister to a reef to give her a glimpse of what cozumel is like. I am looking for Advice on a quick weekend dive vacation. Does anyone have any quality dive shops to reccomend down there that do excursions? We plan on flying down and back to save time and we are aware of NO FLY time. so if we can only dive saturday please let us know THE must see dive site down there.

Thanks for any help you can give us!

I would choose Key Largo or Jupiter over Miami. I would dive with Conch Republic and Jupiter Dive Center. That's just me, none of those reefs will hold a candle to the grandeur of Cozumel. Pretty good diving, but not Cozumel.

Key Largo would offer shallow reef diving ideal for new divers, some sites plenty fisher, and nice reefs. I stayed at Courtyard Marriott & dove with Rainbow Reef Dive Center, which put guides in the water no-extra-charge and offered 2 2-tank boat trips/day, so if you could only dive 1 day you could get 4 dives.

Richard.

I just did a trip to Key Largo a few weeks ago for my first trip/dives since OW. Definitely a good place for new divers. Also, deep dives are there as well. We did both. We used Ocean Divers and stayed just down the street from the Marriott. Great trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom