Dive operators in Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pattylbf

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
we are planning dive trip for anniversary and want to go to Grand Cayman' any recommendations? We have been to Little Cayman andCayman Brac but never dove Grand Cayman

Pretty much they're all good - competition drives out the bad ones since prices are generally the same. Often the deciding factor is where you're staying. Most of the Seven Mile Beach operators will pick you up by van and take you to their boats in one of the nearby marinas. Some resorts have shops on-site also. Many have a dive pkg. with someone also. Several of the operators will also pick you up off the beach with their flat-bottom boats.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of these - all limit divers to 6-8max:

Ambassador Divers
Neptune's Divers
Wall to Wall Diving
Indigo Divers

If you stay on the East End it's Ocean Frontiers. Much quieter out there than SMB.

Northwest:

DiveTech - the in house op at Cobalt Coast - the north side AI resort. They have a satellite shop at Lighthouse Pt. condos. Both good shore dives.
Turtle Reef nearby is a good shore dive. Sun Divers is on-site there. Quieter in that area also.

Sunset House - the other AI resort - is just south of downtown.

If you want to check out others - there's a convenient list of CITA operators on the right side of the Kittiwake page

I use Don Fosters when I stay on island - many locals dive with them as well. They let you do your own thing, once they know who you are and how you dive, or you can go guided. I don't mind larger boats and enjoy meeting people. I have not found them over-crowded.

They don't mix on-island with cruise ship divers. Different boats for each group so if you are staying there, you get deeper dives and more flexibility.

If you like night dives, the shore dive from Don Fosters shop is a good choice.

Last edited:
I typically recommend Divetech at Cobalt Coast as my first choice. First class dive op, rebreathers, the whole 9 yards. Cobalt Coast is a great resort too.

we are planning dive trip for anniversary and want to go to Grand Cayman' any recommendations? We have been to Little Cayman andCayman Brac but never dove Grand Cayman

Diver Steve already mentioned Ocean Frontiers and I second that nomination. Very professional and fun staff. They offer VIP diving, which to them means while you're there you only touch you're diving. They do all loading, setting up, changing, and washing of your gear for you. If you stay on site, they even haul it from your room to the boats.

I was pleased with the room too. We had one of the 3 bedroom condos across the street from the original resort. Very large with nice fixtures.

They have a stay and dive package that includes a rental car too.

Back
Top Bottom