Air Canada, are Canadians brain washed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
All I've ever heard from Canadians is how great Air Canada is. We booked a trip to Europe on them and let me tell you, it wasn't pretty. What gives? What exactly is so great about them?

Horrible leg room, nasty seats, no entertainment system in the seat backs, they make you rent an Ipod for $10 and then it's using their WIFI that drops 10 times during the course of a movie causing you to start all over again and relaunch and refind your movie and fast forward to where you let off, the stewedesses ignore the customers at one time I counted 9 call lights lit up for over an hour, food- nothing to write home about, they don't have check in kiosks at Denver's airport so there is no such thing as a baggage drop, we were in line for over an hour just to drop off our bags. I could go on, but if this is what Canadians rave about, I don't get it.

I'm Canadian - I hate Air Canada, they seem to think my 4 year old is old enough to sit by himself...

It's rare I have a good experience with them.

I'm also Canadian and I don't think I know any Canadians that would give Air Canada anything other than a poor or very poor rating. Maybe they were talking about Westjet.

All I've ever heard from Canadians is how great Air Canada is. if this is what Canadians rave about, I don't get it.

Maybe you've only met jingoistc Canadians. They probably think we all like Toby Keith.

While I have not flown Air Canada, I do have good things to say about their Maple Leaf Lounge at Vancouver International. Serve yourself bar with a very good selection of wine, beer, liquor and cordials? Yes please. Actual food, even if it's not great? Beats the Hell out of United Club cheese cubes and the recent gutting of the bar selections.

Well, I'm glad to see I'm not a lunatic. I must be hanging out with some strange Canadians. I had to ask thanks for the repies.

We flew Lufthansa on the return leg and they were night and day different than Air Canada, the differences in the crew alone were startling.

Air Canada is great if you're riding in the pointy end of the plane....

Other then that, not so good.

Where you on air Canada or air Canada rouge? There is a big difference. Rouge is the new low end air airline operated by air canada. Air Canada planes are much better than air Canada rouge. And rouge flight crew are all young with very little experience as the airline started less than 1 year ago.

As with most airlines, there is a big difference between travelling up front or being stuffed in the back with the rest of the cattle.

Even travelling up front is not that great on rouge. Their idea of "executive seating" (first 3 rows) is to block off the middle seat with pillows. So only 4 people per row, but still 6 seats per row. My white wine always came with ice cubes and my scotch tasted suspiciously like Gran Marnier.

Air canada is universally detested by Canadians......only kept afloat through government handouts to off set corporate incompetence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom