Cheapest way to get to southern resorts in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kwest98

New
Reaction score
I am planning a trip to one of the southern most resorts in Cozumel. Does anyone know the cheapest way to get there from the airport?

i suggest rent a car that way you can go to your hotel and used the car if you want come back to the downtown or make other things because in taxi each way depend how many you are cost around 18 to 25 usd each way.

There are pros and cons to car renting. The damned insurance costs more than the rental with airport agencies, but then if you incur damages - you will not leave the island until you pay. There are other cautions.

From the airport to the most southern resorts by shared van can run 114 to 141 Peso each way. If you drag your bags out to the circle just off the airport, you can get a cab for up to 4 people for 205 to 335 Pesos each way. See this sticky thread in the Cozumel forum: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/co...ps-dive-operators-restaurants-taxis-more.html

And welcome to SB...!!

I agree there are pros and cons. My wife and I have been there 4 times and rented always until the last time a few weeks ago. We decided on a Taxi. We stayed at the Residencia Reef condos. $30 round trip meant we could go to town 10 times for the cost of a rental. We went twice.
We have been there enough that we didn't need to explore the Island. The dive operator we used LIQUID BLUE DIVERS picked us up at the dock there. ... FYI anyone reading this. LIQUID BLUE DIVERS is the best operator we have ever used. Steve and Kami understand customer service. We love them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom