Recommendations on destinations in med/E. Europe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

afabmp

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,

I live in the Middle East and am looking to meet a friend from the UK somewhere in between us for a diving holiday in the first half of July. I've had my PADI Open Water for about a year and have been on 6 dives (though mostly last summer), and he'll be seeking his open water cert.

I've been researching places, but it's hard to sort out fact from travel brochure language. Hoping to find some tips on a place that:

a) won't break the bank
b) has decent nightlife nearby for after diving
c) newbie-friendly but enjoyable dives

I've looked at Greece, Tel Aviv, Turkey--but again, hard to separate fact from fiction.

Thanks in advance all!

You don't say exactly where between you would be. I really liked Greece but it would be difficult to be interested for a week there only for diving. I had a great time in Elait and I could stay there a week. The other side of Israel has the Herod excavation underwater which is very cool, again a dive or two. Anywhere along the Red Sea would be awesome for a week.

Spain - L'Escala or L'Estatit.
Thats in the North of Spain, 100km from Barcelona.
Nightlife: Discos with the biggest Lasershow in Europe.
Divespot: For example Islas Medas. Magazines votet Islas Medas as the most beautifull Divespot in Europe.
Landscape: Very beautiful. L'Escala - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back
Top Bottom