Money transfer to Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dor1813

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi

I am about to place a deposit with the resort in Bangka, Manado. As they provided their bank account with swift code, I am looking at cheaper options instead of bank to bank transfer which costs about $25.

Has anyone used Panin Bank ?
Appreciate sharing your experiences, safe/secure or any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

Dont they have PayPal?

Unfortunately ... no. There are few ways to transfer cheaply from Austalia to Indonesia but not from Singapore.

Looks like I've to pay the bank charges of $25 for the $200 deposit.:depressed:

I've tried a bunch of different things (transfer funds monthly) and the fee is the fee. Best of luck.

I just did a transfer to Singapore from Australia and had to use swift code and pay the $20 fee - have done this in Indonesia before too without a problem.

Remember that besides the "outgoing fee" that you may have to pay, there can also be and "incoming fee" by the Indonesia bank. Both fees are your responsibility so add some extra to the transfer for that incoming fee. The most reasonable approach is to pay in full and avoid multiple transfer fees. There is also an option with XE, the currency conversion site but I have not used them.

Back
Top Bottom