Taka liveaboard, Cairns - booking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MIB Bear

New
Reaction score
We are flying from Canada to Cairns in Sept, more or less settled on the vessel Taka 3n/5d, based on location of dives as well as cost, the overnight trip aboard rather than te flight, suits us fine as we will be jetlagged anyway and we are used to offshore vessels (work) . It is the operators/travel company that is confusing, seem to be a few handling their bookings, w slightly diff prices, so we dont actually book directly with Taka, similar to booking hotels & flights I guess.
The best offer has been w Aqua Pro Dive Travel and have been corresponding for details. However, while attempting to book on their site, it described the trip as 4d not 5d as advertised.
I also saw a very poor review on tripAdvisor for a similar name "Pro Dive", regarding booking difficulties and not having their reserved space/room available at all - are these the same company? Is AquaPro Dive reputable, it has no reviews, is it new?
I would like to finish booking soon, please advice. THanks.

We are flying from Canada to Cairns in Sept, more or less settled on the vessel Taka 3n/5d, based on location of dives as well as cost, the overnight trip aboard rather than te flight, suits us fine as we will be jetlagged anyway and we are used to offshore vessels (work) . It is the operators/travel company that is confusing, seem to be a few handling their bookings, w slightly diff prices, so we dont actually book directly with Taka, similar to booking hotels & flights I guess.
The best offer has been w Aqua Pro Dive Travel and have been corresponding for details. However, while attempting to book on their site, it described the trip as 4d not 5d as advertised.
I also saw a very poor review on tripAdvisor for a similar name "Pro Dive", regarding booking difficulties and not having their reserved space/room available at all - are these the same company? Is AquaPro Dive reputable, it has no reviews, is it new?

I would like to finish booking soon, please advice. THanks.

I have been out on Taka a couple of times. It goes up to the Ribbon Reefs including the famous Cod Hole. Why don't you contact them direct?
Cairns Diving Liveaboard | Dive Courses Cairns | Diving on the Great Barrier Reef
Talk to John Brown.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom