Singapore Airlines go 30kg for economy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hintermann

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
During my pre-dive days, we used to use Singapore Airlines for almost all Far Eastern destinations, usually booking the luggage through from London to the destination and transiting overnight in Changi Airport's excellent Transit Hotel. However, once I started diving, the rigid 20 kg check-in luggage policy of the airline meant that I had to use others. But Singapore Airlines appear to have increased the economy class check-in baggage allowance to 30kg recently, which is much more diver-friendly.

I am returning to Bali next September-October and intended to use KLM via Amsterdam. But I am considering Singapore Airlines now, with their more convenient flight times.

I thought others planning to travel from Europe to Far eastern destinations might find this information useful.

Now, if they'd just up the carryon a few kgs.
15 pounds ain't enough.

Back
Top Bottom