Diving near Aulani resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everyone. I am heading to Aulani resort in Hawaii in June. Has anyone stayed there and went diving near by? Any good dive spots around that area?

---------- Post added August 4th, 2014 at 03:39 PM ----------

This will be my first time going to Hawaii so I have to dive.

Best bet is getting on a boat out of the nearby Waianae marina for diving on the wrecks and ledges off the West side of the island. You can also drive to the North shore for reefs/lava tubes, and Honolulu for South side wrecks/reefs. A drive all the way to Hawaii Kai and the surrounding areas (Haunama Bay, Portlock, Halona, and Lanai Lookout) would really be hoofing it.

You can contact the concierge, or go through a shop directly. The dive business there is very competitive, so insist on good service. If you have to travel toward the city center, expect long travel times; longer than the distance suggests. Most charters meet the divers at a park, marina, or common point, not the shop, so ask about gear delivery. Get specifics on logistics, and plan accordingly. You'll love Aulani, it's a bit removed from the usual tourist grind, which is good. Great snorkeling lagoon on property. very cool. There's a Luau close by, which is great. Recommend it. H1 west to waianae is an easy drive, if you can get a charter from there.
Google for shops, and make em work for your business.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom