Little French Key diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
We are going to Roatan on a cruise in September 2014. I'm considering a visit to Little French Key, and I'm curious if anyone has taken part in the scuba diving offered through the island. I cannot find any reviews anywhere about this diving trip. I'm desperate for any information anyone might have!

Just came back from a cruise to Roatan.

My family went to Little French Cay and I booked directly through LFK.

I did the 1 tank dive excursion through LFK. Barefoot Cay divers is the operator. They drive you over to Barefoot before 10am. Overall it was a good experience. There was only 5 divers on the boat and 2 DMs. We went to Elbow reef which was close by. I upgraded to nitrox but it was not at all necessary. Seemed like a good op. I was back at LFK by around 1pm and rejoined my family and our group.

Everyone in our group really enjoyed LFK, some zip lined, paddle boarding, kayaking, snorkeling. Beautiful Island!

Highlight of our cruise.

Hope this helps as I could not find any info myself beforehand.

Rawlins

That just helped a TON actually, thank you so so much!!

If you don't have family wanting to go to LFK just book with Barefoot Divers Cruise program instead.

Mary's Place is 5mins. off their dock and is one of the signature Roatan dives. For our 2nd dive we rode over to Cocoview and dove the Prince Albert wreck. You'll need Advanced to dive Mary's Place - since you're only there one day, they don't have time to evaluate you any other way. Otherwise there's other good dives in that area. Dive Tours Roatán - Ship Shore Excursions - Barefoot Divers

You also get 2 dives for probably less than the cruise excursion charges. They're the closest shop to either cruise port so you'll probably have some part of the afternoon free to look around Coxen Hole or Mahogany Bay - Carnival's cruise port if that's your ship.

Lunch is really good also - worth the $12, the Cay is upscale and so is the food. They bring it across from the restaurant and there's tables near the dive shop - it's on the mainland side. (60'). If you are with non-divers, their beach is nice, there's a protected lagoon out front of the resort and they rent watertoys to non-resort guests - kayaks/paddleboards etc.

I liked Barefoot enough that I'll possibly stay there next time we go to Roatan - if we do. It's really small group valet diving, they handle everything and my group of 7 was their only business that morning - some of the resort guests don't dive.

There's also Subway Watersports - they pick up at the cruise port and take you to their Turquoise Bay location to dive the north side. Isla Roatan cruise ship shore excursions / tours Western Caribbean

I know the owners of LFk, they are very good people and and you will be very pleased visiting their little slice of heaven. Barefoot is a premier dive op and resort. The beachfront villas are first class.

My husband, myself and 13 year old son are going on a cruise in july. We are all newly certified and wanting to enjoy little french keys but also do diving. But how is the diving there? So excited to be in such an amazing place for diving.

They are located along the south shore, close to where fantasy island and cocoview are. This is the best area of the entire island. Close to Mary's Place(best reef dive). Conditions vary due to weather as they do anywhere. You can probably shore dive the wreck at Fantasy/cocoview is the weather is not ok for boats.

Back
Top Bottom