When is too early?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jester

Reaction score
OK, I'm headed to Belize on Sunday, and I'm dyin' to start packing. Then the common sense in me says it's much too early (don't need to have the wetsuit all folded up for too long). Besides, my wife is already making fun of me as I take inventory of my gear to make sure I have everything. LOL!

So, when is too early? Can I wait that long?

I've got stuff set aside for my April trip already! Jeesh - you might be too late!!!

Where in Belize are you headed? I'm envious - was there 9 days in January - want to go back already...

I always start several days early, to esnure it all fits, to try to remember everything - while not overdoing it, then take the packed bags to a licensed scale to ensure I'm not overweight. I pity the people who wait, then rush around the night before.

No 5 days in advance, 3 business days, is not too early. Just put the suits on top and pack them last. Got extra copies of all documents to carry elsewhere?

Have fun, wear your seat belts on all ground transfers involving internal combusion engines, dive safe, and report soon!

don

Jester:
OK, I'm headed to Belize on Sunday, and I'm dyin' to start packing. Then the common sense in me says it's much too early (don't need to have the wetsuit all folded up for too long). Besides, my wife is already making fun of me as I take inventory of my gear to make sure I have everything. LOL!

Hmmmm....well I am going to Belize in November and I am already packed!!!! :eyebrow:

I have my dive gear packed and weighed at least two weeks before we leave. :palmtree: Bob

lol... i am a procastinator.

i pack everything the night before. but i have a system, so i never forget anything.

(and i have a bridge to sell if you buy that one)

Jester:

I find it saves time if I just leave everything packed.

OK, it's settled. I've packed everything and I'm never going to unpack, so I'll always be ready!

We'll be at Ambergris Caye, Sunbreeze Hotel. We're going with a group, so we don't really have a choice of dive operators. The package includes morning 2 tank boat dives, so we'll probably make separate arrangements for afternoon/night dives.

OK, I'm afraid to ask......would it be appropriate to show up at the airport 2 days early?

I'm already packed for a Blackbeard's cruise that leaves on March 20. Here's the only problem, everytime I go to the pool to practice my skills, I have to unpack my fins and mask. Oh well, I'm so excited about the trip that all of my free time is spent reading about scuba or cleaning/ preparing my gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom