Saba interest: considering buying a house to rent to divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jdkerner

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I dove Saba for the first time last week and loved the place. I'm thinking of buying a two-bedroom house on Windwardside to stay in when visiting and to rent out to divers when not. I'd like to gauge the general interest folks might have in staying in a house vs a hotel there.
Is anyone interested? How much would you be wiling to pay vs. a hotel? It would be a nice house close to restaurants etc.

Thanks!

How is the access to a decent dive op? Would they need to drive or is it walking distance?Is it set up to allow the drying of gear in a shaded area?

Just in case it's of interest, while Saba is a small island, it has a Caribbean medical school on it, so if you were willing to go for lower rent but longer-term, you might find that to be a customer pool option. Lower rent isn't so bad if you don't have to deal with as many different renters, and don't have as many unrented holes in the schedule.

If it's a 2-bedroom, perhaps you could even rent to a student, and still share space when you visit?

Richard.

You might want to send LarryHinDC ( a member on this board) a private message.
He owns a property there and rents it to divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom