Grand Cayman East End

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

angles8

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm a new diver who started old. My 25th anniversary is the first week in June. My wife doesn''t dive but likes the beach and some shopping. I'm trying to find a location that has good diving without a high demand for experience and at the same time a nice beach and decent shopping..I found the dive lodge on the Cayman East End that looked to have what I am looking for. First hand news from someone would be great, as well as, anyother suggested locations. Rick

Plenty of shopping on Grand Cayman downtown or 7 mile beach area, but a longish drive from Cayman Diving Lodge.

It sounds like you all may be happier on the West side of Cayman. I understaand the diving is a little less interesting but also a bit less demanding. It's where the shopping and restaurants are as well.

East End in June is relatively calm winds and seas on average as compared to the rest of the year. I wouldn't eliminate the destination from the list but you may wish to reconsider for other reasons.

East End does not offer shopping. Activities are available to the non-diver, but you will need a rental car. There is not much within walking distance of any of the East End resorts, including CDL.

Cayman Dive Lodge is a great operation and evokes a real family feel. It is strongly geared to the diver, so you need to evaluate what it has to offer for your non-diving wife for your special annniversary. CDL does offer plenty of peace and quiet for lounging seaside and relaxing and reading.

If it was my special occasion trip with a non-diving spouse, I would consider some of the nicer westside resorts or look into renting a nice condo or beach house. If my spouse is primarily looking for quiet relaxation, then I would also look into resorts and condos on East End.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom