Swan Island Honduras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flatwood

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I signed up for a dive trip to swan island for june 05. I've not found much info on the island. Have any of you people dove there before? Any info will help, Thanks

A Google Search will give you lots of hits, and a Search here on SB will give you a few.

So, tell us more about your plans...?

I've looked at info about Swan Island, which until last year I didn't know that it existed.
Swan is a ways below the Caymans and looks that they are not currently much of any inhabitants. Swan used to be a military post, but it has fizzled out. I saw a picture of what looks like a beach but upon research there doesn't appear to be much of anything other than rock or old coral cliffs similar to the bluff on the Brac. There was a liveaboard reported to maybe go there, but I heard that the seas are quite rough year around. Now you know everything that I've learned so far about the Swan Islands.

Caymaniac

Hi Don, We're taking the aggressor out of roatan and diving the island for a week and then returning to roatan and diving for a couple of days. Want to go?

Did you ever go to Swan Island. Just curious because it looks like I might be headed there next year...
Flatwood hasn't logged in for over a month. You may do better to Search and post questions in the Central America forum.

Did you ever go to Swan Island. Just curious because it looks like I might be headed there next year...

DandyDon is right, but I gotta ask...

How do you plan on getting there and how you going to dive?

It's a good thing to do, but when I last looked, no dive op infrastructure whatsoever. I did it aboard a small ship (aka a large boat)

P.S.- It's alive!

Could this be a revival of the oldest previously considered dead thread? Where do you report-in with this kind of three year old stuff?

No I didn't, they pulled our permit. How are you going there? This place is very high on my places to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom