live aboard advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjdm

Reaction score
what's the best liveaboard for september travel? Looking for upscale luxury liveaboard with great diving.

What is upscale to you? I've been on Blackbeards and the Nautilus Explorer. Anything is upscale when compared to Blackbeards.

rjdm:
what's the best liveaboard for september travel? Looking for upscale luxury liveaboard with great diving.

I think that any of the Aggressors would totally fill your needs. I've been on all the Caribbean Aggressors several times and its world class living and diving. My $.02

Barracuda2

Aggressor has great treatment...great food...and diving. Their corporate hook is "Give us a week and we'll change the way you think about diving" and it's true.

The warm towels is the part that puts the experience over the top.

All the best, James

fdog:
The warm towels is the part that puts the experience over the top.

Ditto on the warm towels!!!! especially after the night dive!

rjdm:

You mean, anywhere in the world, when money is no object? (You didn't put any constraints...)

Why not do a month, with a week in each of four different places?

rjdm:

Can't say "best", it's the only one I have done, but the Nekton Rorqual is great.

HarleyDiver:
Can't say "best", it's the only one I have done, but the Nekton Rorqual is great.

Just finished a week with the group on the Pilot. Some of the crew were new so they were learning the ropes, but all and all had a great time. Food and diving were great and the dawn dive was very memorable. It's neat to watch the reef come to life at 6 am. Couldn't think of anything I'd rather be doing. Also, we got warm towels after most dives and hot chocolate after the night dives. Spoiled, but not snobby. We are already planning our next trip with them

From the Southern Hemisphere I would rate 2 up there with the best for different reasons.

Firstly I choose Undersea Explorer for there diving in remote parts of the Great Barrier Reef and style of expedition. 1000ft drop offs, large resident shark populations, Minke Whale expeditions with intergration of research projects incorporating tagging, study of rare species like large octopus and leopard sharks. 6 days 22 dives.....awesome.

Second choice for combination of luxury vessell and sensational diving is spirit of freedom 7 day safari.

Thats my Oscar awards ............ bye bye

AJ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom